2007/12/16

Games played in Chinese childhood - fly a kite

In the hall of Washington Space Museum, U.S.A , there's a Chinese kite, following words can be found on the lable besides it: The earliest flight thing are Chinese kite and missile.

Kites can be made of silk, or paper. The simpliest kite I ever made --- actually my father made it to me, is the tile kite, use two bamboo sticks, crossed, paste with a square paper. We climbed up the moutain to fly it at that time. But later in my college life, I found the kites from Shandong province, also very simple, red eagle made of flimsy cotton paper. It can fly up very easy. I ever flied two rolls of the lines, it flied up into the sky until I can't see it .




Weifang in Shandong is a place famouse of the good kite, there's an annual kite festival and a kite museum in Weifang. Take a look at the beautiful kites from there, including some large kites. I'm surprised at these large kites:)









108 heros (from Chinese anciant novel, ShuiHu legend. Die Räuber vom Liang Schan Moor)

the Eight Diagrams with long tails



Related posting:

Games played in Chinese childhood - rolling the iron hoop
Games played in Chinese childhood - Blowing Soap Bubble
Games played in Chinese childhood - Playing with mud
Games played in Chinese childhood - fold and fly the paper plane
Games played in Chinese childhood - catch worms