2008/08/12

Daisy Bell

Sharing you with my finding today.

Scrolling down to the end of the file "style.css" in wordpress source code, I find this section:

/* "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two." */


Oh yah, how moving it is, I scrolled up to check who is the author of this file and found a name "Michael Heilemann". I thought "daisy" is the one Michael loved, and want to check what's the final answer of daisy is. hah, I'm always fans of this kind of stuff. So I put these words in google, then google said:
Oh, it's just a song.

A little disappointed, however, perhaps Michael is singing this song to his girl:)

You can find a bit more of this song in wikipedia, like history, composer, etc.
A lovely song.

Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two)

There is a flower within my heart
Daisy, Daisy
Planted one day by a glancing dart
Planted by Daisy Bell

Whether she loves me or loves me not
Sometimes it's hard to tell
But there are those that would share the lot
Of beautiful Daisy Bell

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy all for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

We will go 'tandem' as man and wife
Daisy, Daisy
Wheeling away down the road of life
I and my Daisy Bell

When the nights dark, we can both despise
Policemen and lamps as well
There are bright lights in the dazzling eyes
Of beautiful Daisy Bell

I will stand by you in "wheel" or woe
Daisy, Daisy
You'll be the bell(e) which I'll ring you know
Sweet little Daisy Bell

You'll take the lead in each trip we take
Then if I don't do well
I will permit you to use the brake
My beautiful Daisy Bell.