2007/06/23

Thinker

'It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err' - Mahatma Gandhi

I copy it from Anna's blog, I like it and think so. I repect people who leave a room to others and who just provide what he have but don't force other's decision. That's the stuff can catch my heart.

It reminds me of some words by LAOZI.

He was a thinker in ancient China, thousands of years older than Gandhi. They are both peace lover, I think.


Chinese:
老子:「道德经」:第四十三章

  天下之至柔,驰骋天下之至坚。

  无有入无间,吾是以知无为之有益。

  不言之教,无为之益,天下希及之。


English
  Chapter 43

  The softest thing in the world dashes against and overcomes the hardest;that which has no(substantial)existence enters where there is no crevice. I know hereby what advantage belongs to doing nothing(with a purpose)。

  There are few in the world who attain to the teaching without words,and the advantage arising from non-action.